Friday, July 8, 2016

Respect

Our every word, touch, interaction with the world changes the way it sees us permanently, on every moment, which defines the respect that one establishes with the other.

That respect is the most sensitive line to tread in human interaction.

It takes the most precarious rope-walking to not just maintain your respect in the eyes of those who know you, but theirs' in yours as much as they may push and pull the strings.

I have tried to retain the respect of everyone who touches my life as far as I can as that of my associations and interactions - to keep them innocent and new for as long as I can, but failed often enough to understand the lack of sensitivity with which people find it so easy to lose theirs to you in the pleasure they often seek in disrobing you of yours - so that they compel you to speak up and lose your respect in their eyes further till relationships lose their newness, their innocence, completely. Relationships change in moments- every touch, every word spoken between two individuals changes the way we perceive each other..

I hope more than to ever be respected, to never lose respect for anyone who touches my life, which I believe is in my hands too - because it is in every person to raise the other rather than suppress them.

No comments: